MR33/MR44/MR36 disconnected because the access point was rebooted

DavidD96
Here to help

MR33/MR44/MR36 disconnected because the access point was rebooted

Hi all,

Having a few WiFi issues where devices are disconnecting from the AP and I am seeing the following error 

disconnected because the access point was rebooted, but the client had a successful connection to SSID

However the timeline shows no drop and these events are appearing throughout the day accross different AP models and no manual reboot was performed via dashboard or physically. 

Firmware MR 30.6

10 Replies 10
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version are you running and what AP models?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Er, title had the models, so just what firmware version!?

Sorry, all running firmware MR30.6

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'd try either 30.7 or 31.1.4.

Are the APs actually rebooting, or just the client reporting that it did?  The dashboard shows the AP uptime on the main page for each AP down the bottom of the left hand bar.

It does not appear that they are actually rebooting. Just that the client disconnected because AP rebooted. But does not appear to have actually rebooted..... even goes as far as the client roams to a secondary AP for a period then returns to original AP

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it particular clients?  Do you have channels changing of any DFS events?

Nope, All different client types. All on the same SSID and no DFS events.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There's the possibility that if the AP does actually reboot is quick enough, you may not see a drop in connectivity reported on the dashboard.

If it's a relatively known or small number of AP's, I'd consider running constant pings against them and check if any of them drop/disconnect.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Brash this should still update though shouldn't it?

cmr_0-1725977824822.png

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Fair point, I would assume so.

I forgot that Device Uptime had been added for AP's as well (and is now finally showing in my dashboard!!)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels