MR 30.5 firmware question

RLNG
Getting noticed

MR 30.5 firmware question

New to Meraki. we are about to start the Meraki AP rollout soon. I upgraded the APs to beta 30.5.

Usually, I avoid betas but noticed one of the Bug fixes stated "Intermittent connectivity loss for Windows client devices". 

Since we haven't previously used Meraki in our environment, I'm uncertain about the severity of this Windows intermittent connectivity problem. Given that 99% of our users are on Windows, I'm concerned about the potential impact, especially with the introduction of new APs.

I'm seeking insights into this specific bug. Would it be advisable to avoid the beta version and instead opt for MR 29.7 (Stable release candidate)?"

Bug.png

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No experience directly with this bug but I'm not running Beta firmware anywhere in my environments.

If this is a production environment, I'd suggest avoiding Beta releases.

My suggestion is to run Stable Release Candidates on a pilot site and Stable releases on all other sites.

RLNG
Getting noticed

what about a "Stable release candidate" like MR 29.7? 

Or is just best to stick with Stable versions only?

amabt
Building a reputation

Stick to "Stable", Release candidate gets pushed out by Meraki to random users. Then after enough user has used it. It gets declared Stable.

amabt
Building a reputation

If you are not experiencing that specific issue and Meraki support recomends trying it. Stay away from Beta.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That bug ID is related to DHCP issues and client isolation for some Windows station. That is what they said to me.

Wish the bugIDs were public instead of some generic message like that...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels