MAC access control on access point?

Tôm
Here to help

MAC access control on access point?

Hi,

Is there a way to configure an MAC based access control on access point Meraki Go GR12 ?

I was thinking it was embedded but can't find anything about this in settings.

If we can't, can I use the SG350 switch to do this, only for wifi access, and how?

Thx 😉

8 Replies 8
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is a dedicated community for Meraki Go. It's likely that you get more help there:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

In general, MAC based access control doesn't really work. You should go for better solutions based on your requirements.

Tôm
Here to help

I'll take a look at this link, thx.

I want to prevent access from an outside person who would have knowledge of the SSID and password.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Use 802.1x based authentication.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Can you tell me more about how to do this?

I can't figure out how to setup the SG350 to have a 802.1X authentication for each AP client.

Radius server is ok and set in SG350 but I am struggling with configuration.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not 802.1X on the switch, use 802.1X on the SSID, and every device/Client has to authenticate to the network.

Ok, that's why I struggle with SG350 conf.

It seems there is not 802.1X on Meraki Go GR12... i'll ask on Meraki go community.
Thx

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ask on Meraki go community.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Go-Community/ct-p/go

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

He's in your network the moment he knows a working MAC address (which is easy). If you assume that someone unauthorized has your passphrase, you either should change it or move to 802.1X. 

Changing the PSK is too hard? That's the reason it is only meant to be used in residential setups and not in a company.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels