MA-ANT-3-D6 vs C6

Xavier_o
Here to help

MA-ANT-3-D6 vs C6

Hi, 

Sorry for a dumb question but I cannot find a clear answer to it. Could someone please explain what is a difference between MA-ANT-3-D6 and C6 Meraki antennas? AP - MR46E if that makes a difference.

Looking at radiation pattern they look rather similar just one is "downtilt", meaning what ? 🙂

Am I right to assume that C6 has a "doughnut" center at its own body, while D6 has it pushed down from itself (vertical view I believe)?

So in case of racks being 7-8 meters in height and antenna mounted at 10-11 meters D6 is much better option as will create less interference between AP?

Thank you!

Xavier_o_2-1724318731001.png

2 Replies 2
marce1000
Getting noticed

- Downtilt means that the signals are directed towards the ground ; you may find this manual interesting : https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/antenna-tiltguide/38998678#3

M.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Think about the kind of effect that this type of shade ⬇️ has on a light bulb...   It's kind of like that, but for RF.Screenshot 2024-08-22 144131.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels