Local Auth - Radius not responding

DanielRobson
Conversationalist

Local Auth - Radius not responding

Hello all, 

Having trouble with our local Auth where users will have random drop outs when one in a static location or moving around the building. from the logs and test we have done it looks like the AP's radius isn't responding to the clients. please see below Screenshot 2024-03-18 085615.png
-- Update 

Cannot seem to reproduce the above errors we're now getting random disconnects with the following error

Mar 18 11:48:34SGUK-BSTL000081802.11 disassociation
unspecified reason

Any ideas ?

4 Replies 4
Marvin_
Here to help

Hi Daniel,
how is the SSID encryption configured?
Are you using "WPA1 and WPA2" or "WPA2 only"?

I am asking because according to your screenshot, your clients are trying to connect with WPA1.
We have observed the same messages in log with iPhones, which always try to connect with WPA3 on our local auth SSID.

SSID is configured with WPA 2, Ill run some more tests on more devices see if WPA 1 is being used when it shouldn't.

Thanks for the spot !

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are there any firewall rules that could be blocking communication?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We only have a block rule for managment side.

Also will note this is the only SSID effected by preformance issues with random drop outs and is only SSID using localauth

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels