Lenovo Computers showing no connectivity

NakodaB
New here

Lenovo Computers showing no connectivity

A few months ago, we started noticing that any Lenovo laptop with the Intel AX200 chipset would show no network connectivity and about 50% of them still had access to the internet and local network while 25% could talk to the internet but not the local network and the other 25% could talk to the local network. We removed all of the Intel machines and replaced with AMD/Qualcomm devices and everything was fine but now, we are starting to see the AMD machines with the same exact issue. We have tried all of the Meraki Guides on what settings need to change but nothing has helped. Has anyone else seen this and know what we can do to remediate?

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What APs do you have and what firmware are they running on? 

If the laptops connect to a wired Ethernet port is it reliable?

If only wireless is possible, does it make it better with the power connected?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The first thing I would do is try updating the WiFi NIC drivers.  You might need to go to Intel's website to get these.  Many manufacturers are not good at keeping the drivers up to date using their own update platforms.

The next thing I would try is disabling WiFi power saving.  You can use these powershell commands to do this:

powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0
powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a 0

CFStevens
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @NakodaB

With a case such as yours, we would likely need more information to best assist you. I would recommend giving the Meraki Support team a call while you have someone on site to test with us while we review logs and packet captures. The previous comments are great, and if I were to add anything, it would be to try upgrading the BIOS on a sample device and re-test.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels