Intelligent Capture - MR (another new early access feature)

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Intelligent Capture - MR (another new early access feature)

I saw this today and I am sure it wasn't there yesterday, so enabled and I'll attempt some bad roams...

"Intelligent Capture - MR: Proactive packet capture upon any wireless connection failure with cloud-based storage of packet capture."

It sounds like a very useful feature!

14 Replies 14
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Locked behind the new licence is a shame though

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not while it is in testing, so time to take a look and then campaign if needed 😁

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Trying to sell the new licence to my management , but the documentation is pretty new. Are you aware of other feature ( beta , private-beta ) that will be behind the new lic ?

MR ADV has the following features today

• Automatic Umbrella Integration
  • Adaptive Policy
  • 2 x MT Licenses*

After the beta period of Intelligent Capture (MR) and AI-RRM I believe those will also be added to the MR ADV list above and the doc will be updated accordingly. 

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

"Intelligent Capture - MR" seems to be supported in version MR 31.1.3.

[Release note: Wireless firmware versions MR 31.1.3 changelog]
> New feature
> Intelligent Capture for Wireless Proactive packet capture support

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm, I've had a lot of issues with 31.1.3 and 31.1.4 dropping Android clients and not allowing them to reconnect, I'll upgrade again and hopefully this feature will help pinpoint the problem!

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I tried to enable it but I only got the same page as the MS switch capture page.

So not the cool management frames proactive intelligent captures that what I was expecting.  Am I missing something?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't found anything yet either...

Paccers
Building a reputation

I enabled the trial via EA and got it straight away, from the Packet capture page once you change to 'For access points' it then refreshes in to the intelligent capture view for us

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Thanks @Paccers , easy when you look at what is in front of you!

One issue I have found is that my MR55 (which doesn't support bi-directional captures), now doesn't support any captures...  If you have a mixed environment, then I guess you need to enable/disable the feature each time you want to switch between older and newer AP models.  Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Already got an automatically captured trace of a failure to get a DHCP address for a client, it looks good when downloaded, but the in page viewer just sits there on the loading page.

cmr_0-1726147055061.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Another AP auto captured and the viewer also fails with that.  A manual capture also only works when downloaded and opened locally in something like Wireshark.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here. Some pcap can be viewed from the dashboard and some can't. Don't know why at the moment

Paccers
Building a reputation

Looks like the Feedback button will be getting some use!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels