Firmware - template status "Critical" but devices status "Good"

N7717G
New here

Firmware - template status "Critical" but devices status "Good"

On the firmware upgrade manager page, the template for one site shows a status of "Critical" with very old firmware but the devices covered by that template show a status of "Good" with the newest firmware. Why does this happen, and how do I fix it?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When the status is critical, it means that there are important updates that need to be installed, such as fixing bugs and vulnerabilities.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you, but that was not the question.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it a combined device template? If yes, it may be showing as critical for another type of device (like a switch for example). But it could simply be a cosmetic bug, so I suggest opening a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
N7717G
New here

I found the problem. Someone had removed all the devices from those two templates and moved them into a different template, but did not remove the old templates themselves, and did not upgrade the templates.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels