Firmware - template status "Critical" but devices status "Good"

N7717G
New here

Firmware - template status "Critical" but devices status "Good"

On the firmware upgrade manager page, the template for one site shows a status of "Critical" with very old firmware but the devices covered by that template show a status of "Good" with the newest firmware. Why does this happen, and how do I fix it?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When the status is critical, it means that there are important updates that need to be installed, such as fixing bugs and vulnerabilities.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you, but that was not the question.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is it a combined device template? If yes, it may be showing as critical for another type of device (like a switch for example). But it could simply be a cosmetic bug, so I suggest opening a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
N7717G
New here

I found the problem. Someone had removed all the devices from those two templates and moved them into a different template, but did not remove the old templates themselves, and did not upgrade the templates.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.