Device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 1 instead of using configured Mgmt VLAN X

This2shallpass
Getting noticed

Device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 1 instead of using configured Mgmt VLAN X

Hi, 

I am having trouble figuring out why one of the AP (MR44) shows the LAN IP config as native VLAN 1 IP address when the type is selected as DHCP with the appropriate VLAN number. All APs are tagged to VLAN 1000. Below is the error 

This2shallpass_0-1676448652393.png

There is one more AP (MR 44) with the same LAN IP configuration as above connected to the same switch & it doesn't give any error.

Below switch port config is of the AP that gives the DHCP error

This2shallpass_2-1676449205664.png

Switch port config of AP that is working without any error (connected on the same switch) This AP gets the appropriate MGMT IP

This2shallpass_1-1676449167468.png

Is there any config change that i am missing or should i go ahead & reboot the AP. Would that work. How do i tshoot this issue & get it resolved. Please suggest.

Note - The AP & switch both are Meraki

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to set the VLAN o MR.

alemabrahao_0-1676459542590.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I tried that on the MR as well but it doesn't work. Will i have to reboot the AP for it to work. May be a glitch.

The strange part is other MRs do not give any error & the switch port config as shown above is VLAN 1 & still get the IP address from DHCP.

Not sure whats causing this issue.

This2shallpass
Getting noticed

Hi, 

The config on the MR & the switch port were fine. The issue was with the DHCP Scope. It had to be expanded which is handled by a different vendor.

But this article helped me to understand in case such an issue arises again.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/MR44-Alerting-This-device-is-using-a-DHCP-IP-address-fr...

Thank You!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels