Connect linksys RE6500 to be a wifi Bridge to Meraki AP

CollegeDeployer
New here

Connect linksys RE6500 to be a wifi Bridge to Meraki AP

Hello, I am trying to connect a Linksys re6500 to be a WIFI bridge for a printer but for some reason, it doesn't like our Meraki AP and will not connect to the SSID any help would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, just configure the switch port where the Linksys is as the access mode in the VLAN you want and the rest is configuration on the Linksys.

If you are trying to mesh between the two APs this will not work.

If you are configuring with the same SSID name, disable air marshal or configure a different SSID name.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

The Linksys router connects to the printer and from there provides wifi to the printer but will not connect to the SSID that e have setup via our AP

You are not providing enough details.
How is this AP connected to your network? Through a switch? Is the switch port configured correctly?

Since you are talking about a Linksys device, I believe you are in the wrong community. This community is for Cisco Mereaki products.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

We have 

MS390-48

Swicthes 

and 

MR46 APs

We are using a Linksys RE6500 that the printer company we are working with to bridge the wifi to the printer that's currently in use.

Can you provide clearer information?

Knowing what you have in your infrastructure is not enough. Provide us configuration and topology details.

As previously reported.

just configure the switch port where the Linksys is as the access mode in the desired VLAN and the rest is configuration on the Linksys.

If you are trying to mesh between the two APs this will not work, in other words you cannot bridge Meraki and non-Meraki APs.

If you are configuring with the same SSID name, disable Air Marshal or configure a different SSID name.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels