Conducting Site Surveys with MR Access Points - not seeing local status page

HEJ
Comes here often

Conducting Site Surveys with MR Access Points - not seeing local status page

Hello,  I'm trying to follow the instructions posted here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Conducting_Site_Surveys_with_MR_...

and am finding that when I enter 'ap.meraki.com' in a browser that I am taken to my dashboard page rather than the local status page of the AP.

I am not using VPN, the SSID is WPA2-PSK.

I am, however, using a local DNS server - although I'm not sure if that is what would be making this difference.

I can, however, go to 1.1.1.100 and access the status page.

Can someone help me determine why 'ap.meraki.com' is not taking me to the local status page, please?

4 Replies 4
HEJ
Comes here often

I should have stated, I've also been able to access that local status page of the AP @ 10.128.128.126... I mistakenly referenced the MS local status page in my original post.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try my.meraki.com

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

alemabrahao_0-1667233867262.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you first put the ap in a network and just create a NAT mode WLAN.

Then you can connect to that WLAN and go to 10.128.128.128 te configure the AP in survey mode.

The AP will reboot and then show the site_survey-macaddress SSID where you can once again join and login to the local page on 10.128.128.128.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels