Closing splash page post authentication

TheGreenLlama
New here

Closing splash page post authentication

Apologies if this question has been asked before (I have been searching for this topic since yesterday).

I have a custom splash page in our set up which collects optional client contact info - then redirects to the grant URL which allows internet access - and then redirects back to a specific page.

On public captive portals I've tried out in the wild - this splash page (pop-up window) normally then closes - and this is what I want to do on ours but I've no idea how. I've seen a suggestion of using a simple window.close(). This works fine if I visit the page to test in isolation - but it's not working as part of this process (tested on iOS + Android).

I do think I'm missing something here. Has anyone got any pointer here?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@TheGreenLlama we have the opposite problem, we want the splash page to stay open with a specific url as the content, on IOS this works fine, but on Android, whilst the page is loaded, the splash page then disappears!

We are using 30.5.1 and an external RADIUS server for the splash page / access etc.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Nothing is missing in principle, but I suggest you download the Cisco webath bundle to see the code examples.

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286322605/type/282791507/release/16.10.1

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thanks very much for the link. I don't currently seem to be able to download it as the site is saying I need to provide my 'full address' even though I already have! I'll see if one of my colleagues already has an account.

Cheers again

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels