Cannot Connect to to Wireless after 24hours

AYEN
Here to help

Cannot Connect to to Wireless after 24hours

Hi,

I have concerns on my client using MR76 wireless. On there setup they using captive portal for the splash page and

radius server for authentication. Although they can connect to the AP for 1 hour limit per day. After 24 hours they cannot

able to reconnect again.

Thank you

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It literally can't connect or can't authenticate anymore? Can you share the SSID and Splash page settings?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi actually they can connect but no internet connection after 24hours. I have a question since I'm using captive portal for splash page. how do I check if the radius server or captive portal is connected to the AP? Because I noticed even I cannot ping the server I was able to connect the AP for the first time.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have a captive portal that is configured so that the client has to re-authenticate every period of time, this is normal, what were you expecting to happen?

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page_Frequency....

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How did you limit your 1 hour per day?  Usually you only have a reauthentication timeout by setting the splash page frequency.

I guess you will have to also check your radius configuration.

I'm using captive portal and radius server for splash page and authentication.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's not how I mean.  If you are setting a time limit of 1 hour per day.  That means that you present the redirect page every hour and then deny users access in your splash page logic if they already had an hour.

So where did I configure the setting of the 1 hour limit per day? is it in the Meraki dashboard splash page frequency or in the radius server or captive portal itself?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels