Automatic Meraki authorization is not working at secondary site

naagu_infotech
Conversationalist

Automatic Meraki authorization is not working at secondary site

In our primary branch, we have a Guest SSID with Meraki Authentication, and we need to accomplish the same in the secondary branch.

It is operational at the primary site. Meraki automatic authorization is not operating at the secondary site for the same user email id used at the original site. It states that access is denied.

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have any firewall rule?

Can you share the error?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

No, I don't have any firewall rule on the Meraki.

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-17 at 2.21.01 PM.jpeg

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are the access points to both sites on a tempalte or is each network configured individually?

If it's individual, you have to authorize the user on the SSID on each network.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Each network is configured independently, and I don't need to authorize because I choose automatic authorization.

Although user information is replicated over various networks, authorization is not. When a user registers at Site A, they are only authorized at Site A. When the same person returns to Site B, he or she is unable to login (Access Denied) or register (email id is already registered). A screenshot is attached below to give you an idea.

naagu_infotech_1-1692425904205.png

I understand, but I don't think it will work unless it's in a template, so my suggestion is to open a support case.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Self-registration_for...

Yes, before posting this topic in the community, I filed a support case. There is still no solution to the problem. I'm waiting for a response from the Meraki product team.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels