Authentication with Trusted Access

Solved
The_Roo
Getting noticed

Authentication with Trusted Access

I am trying to find a way to satisfy the need to authenticate clients on to a Meraki Wi-Fi network using certificates, where the customer has specified that the Authentication must not require additional (CA/RADIUS/etc) servers.

I proposed System Manager, but the customer already has all clients enrolled in InTune, and it is not possible to run Intune and System Manager (both MDMs) together. InTune will not provide Authentication on a Meraki network.

So I proposed Trusted Access which should run in parallel with InTune. The customer objected to the Administration overhead (he was looking at https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Trusted_Access_for_Se... and commented "the enrolment process looks a bit user “unfriendly”, having to enrol yourself every X days on a portal"

But from what I can see from https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Trusted_Access_for_Se... I could just add all users to "owners" and avoid the unfriendliness.

Has anyone any practical experience of using Trusted Access in this way?

Thanks

Roo

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your client wants everything and at the same time nothing. I don't see any other way than what you've already proposed.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your client wants everything and at the same time nothing. I don't see any other way than what you've already proposed.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You've done everything you can.

The truth of the matter is PKI management and certificate deployment is a complex process.  It has been made much simpler with Trusted Access, but nothing is going to make certificates magically appear on a user's device without any infrastructure.

The_Roo
Getting noticed

Thanks to you both, I was pretty sure I'd covered all bases...sometimes, you just can't win. Thanks for your responses. I have to mark one of them as the answer, even though you both give me the answer, so I'll give you both a Kudo and set the first answer as the solution. Thanks Guys!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels