Airplay/ClearPass AirGroup/ Meraki

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Airplay/ClearPass AirGroup/ Meraki

I have a school that uses AirGrouping for AppleTV. They asked if Meraki does something of that nature where you can see only whats assigned when it's connected to an AP. Is there a certain way to sort of designate? Please advise 😀 

Enthusiast
5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but perhaps this article can help you.

Watch Apple TV over secure guest WiFi | Cisco Meraki Blog

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

@alemabrahao My apologies. Basically clearpass does something called airgrouping where you can group Apple TVs and the group can be tied to AP's by location, what can be displayed, etc. I'm just asking what would be a recommendation on how can I do this with Meraki in a way that it's kind of the same. Should I SSID some Apple TVs and put them in certain VLANs by floor? Should sectioning be my best option and go from there?

Enthusiast
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not familiar with clearpass, but in my understanding it is Aruba's NAC, similar to Cisco ISE correct?

If that is the only possibility I see would be using Cisco ISE.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you read the article I sent? Maybe it's a solution for what you're looking for. You may want to consult your Meraki sales representative.

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I have my guy 😀. Thank you. 

Enthusiast
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels