Air Marshall Rogue list red dot - uncontained

gcarmich
Getting noticed

Air Marshall Rogue list red dot - uncontained

What does the red dot - "uncontained" indicate on an SSID identified on the Air Marshall Rogue list?

gcarmich_0-1706906961127.png

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's an SSID that has been picked up by your WAP, but it's not being contained (essentially being allowed to operate as normal)

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Air_Marshal#Uncontained

gcarmich
Getting noticed

I lost connectivity to a remote client connected on this SSID earlier today after a week of consistent connectivity.  Trying to determine cause without site visit.  Air Marshalling is in constant effect and I thought this could have caused disconnect.

I believe this is unlikely to have been the cause.

What have you discovered so far?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
gcarmich
Getting noticed

only that the SSID that the client is attached to has a red dot next to it on the rogue list.  The client went offline at 1pm EST today.  I doubt it was unplugged so either the device failed, or the wireless connection went down.  The client is set to reestablish connectivity automatically.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels