AP (MR18) show up 100 Mbits Full Duplex

Phearin_Seng
Comes here often

AP (MR18) show up 100 Mbits Full Duplex

Dear All,

Currently, we have faced concern of MR18 indicates Ethernet 1 (100Mbits, Duplex). Could you please help to advise what would be issue of this status. It supposes to run and indicate as 1000Mbits instead of 100 Mbits. 

Really appreciated for any comments. 

2023-09-25 16_06_56-Access Points - Meraki Dashboard.png2023-09-25 16_07_27-Access Points - Meraki Dashboard.png

Thanks,

Phearin

5 Replies 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The port has auto negotiated down to 100mbps.

This is typically a cable issue - bends/breaks in the cable causing 1 or more pairs to be broken, too long cable run etc.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is plugged into a Meraki switch you can use the cable test tool.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Using_the_Cable_Test_Live_tool 

@PhilipDAth thank you for information. I did cable test. We discovered that the 100 Mbits status as below. 

Picture1.png

I assume the AP is on port 1.  That means the wires for pair 3 and 4 are not connected.  I would replace the patch leads at both ends (hoping for the easy option), otherwise it is the actual cable running in the wall itself that has the fault.

Thank you for your information. I will do check and verify base on information provide. Hopefully, it will be fixed the issue. Please consider issue address resolved. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels