802.1X authentication, association, deassociation on logs

Solved
BeninChurchil
Here to help

802.1X authentication, association, deassociation on logs

Hi, 

This the first time I'm setting up a meraki product, I have MX67 Firewall connected to MR28 Access Point.

In the event log for the Access Point, I'm getting the below attached logs, why and how do I resolve this ?

BeninChurchil_0-1713520500290.png

In Access Control Security type is password, and there is no splash page its direct connect type.

1 Accepted Solution

Hey Alemarbrahao,

Thanks for the prompt response, it is just logs the users are able to surf the internet without issues, though I'm more curious why this disassociation problem is logged literally everyday and not just one day.

We don't have load balancing enabled. 

Below is how the security is configured in the Access Control for this SSID

BeninChurchil_1-1713598748762.png

Splash page is set as direct access.

DHCP is set as 

BeninChurchil_2-1713598799355.png

Please let me know if you need more info.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't understand, are you worried about what the logs are showing or do you actually have a network disassociation problem?

If it's just the los it's normal, now if it's a real disassociation problem we need more information, for example is 802.11r enabled? Is client load balancing enabled?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hey Alemarbrahao,

Thanks for the prompt response, it is just logs the users are able to surf the internet without issues, though I'm more curious why this disassociation problem is logged literally everyday and not just one day.

We don't have load balancing enabled. 

Below is how the security is configured in the Access Control for this SSID

BeninChurchil_1-1713598748762.png

Splash page is set as direct access.

DHCP is set as 

BeninChurchil_2-1713598799355.png

Please let me know if you need more info.

This is normal, people move throughout the day, so they roam from one AP to another.

There's nothing to worry about.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you so much for the clarification. Appreciate it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels