Radar Event Pattern Detected

SOLVED
Lourdes
Getting noticed

Radar Event Pattern Detected

Hi everyone.

Can anybody explain this alert to me and how can we resolve this?

Hope you can help us.

Radar Event Pattern.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi , it seems to me that the AP has recorded Radar activity on your channels ( 108,144  )

Are you using those channels ? Are the APs registered to the correct Country in the dashboard ?

You can manually exclude those channels if these logs persists 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi , it seems to me that the AP has recorded Radar activity on your channels ( 108,144  )

Are you using those channels ? Are the APs registered to the correct Country in the dashboard ?

You can manually exclude those channels if these logs persists 

Hi Raphael,

The channel is in auto so I think we are using it. The country in the dashboard is correct.

I deleted those channels.

Lourdes_0-1645202905463.png

Hope it works.

Thank you for the help.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Lourdes is sounded like you were looking for a high level explanation and that is simply that you are leveraging DFS channels (UNII-2 channels from 52 through 144) and in that particular frequency range there is the possibility of interference with RADAR systems.  So DFS, Dynamic Frequency Selection is required.  If the AP detects a RADAR event, they are required to change channels and remain off the channel where the RADAR was detected for a period of time. 

This is not necessarily a problem, and there may not be anything to resolve necessarily, left alone it will self-resolve. But it depends on what your channel plan currently looks like, how much you depend on DFS channels to accommodate a certain channels plan, how often RADAR events occur, etc.  In some cases you might decide to allow DFS events to play out naturally and perhaps are non-disruptive, alternatively you might decide there are frequent DFS events that become disruptive to performance or a reasonable channel plan and possibly decide to disable DFS channels in the RF profile.  More details are in the documentation here https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Radio_Settings/Dynamic_Frequency_Selection_(DFS)

Hope that helps.

Oh. I see. Thanks for the info. 😄 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.