Odd MG firmware message

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Odd MG firmware message

We have an MG41E that I have added to a network, but haven't yet powered up.  The firmware for the network shows as 1.11 with no option to upgrade or downgrade, yet the device currently shows version 2.0...  I'm guessing this is a mistake and will correct itself when I power it up, or is something else afoot?

cmr_0-1653593350635.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The minimum supported version for MG41 is 2.0. Meaning MG41 cannot/will not run 1.x. 

So, this is not a bug. It's working as expected.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When the units first power-up they do a firmware upgrade, so anything before then might be a bit mis-leading.

But still a fun find.  🙂

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

The minimum supported version for MG41 is 2.0. Meaning MG41 cannot/will not run 1.x. 

So, this is not a bug. It's working as expected.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The same is shown on my MG41. The device reports 2.0 but the firmware page shows 1.11 as the actual version. Obviously a cosmetic bug that is around for a very long time. It was discussed here in the forum already a long time ago.

Tore
Getting noticed

It is also worth to notice that the firmware version displayed in Dashboard doesn't have to be the actual firmware running on the device. It is just what is configured for the Network. If the firmware version displayed on the device page is different from what is displayed in the Firmware Upgrade page, we have to assume it is a UI Bug.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.