"Channel Width" Column Removed From Client View?

tonetl
Here to help

"Channel Width" Column Removed From Client View?

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or can confirm this.  It appears as though the "Channel Width" column is no longer available when looking at the list of Meraki clients.  We use that column occasionally to quickly see who is connecting to 2.4ghz vs 5ghz.  I can't determine any other way to quickly find that information now that the column has been removed.

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I dont think it was ever possible?

I can configure to see the "Capable channel width" when selecting the wrench.  But thats just what the device is capable off. Not what its actually using

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's ok for me:

alemabrahao_0-1667500552104.png

alemabrahao_1-1667500567756.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
tonetl
Here to help

The column in question was specifically labeled "Channel Width" and it would show you whether the client was currently connected to 2.4ghz or 5.0ghz.  The selection is still visible in a screenshot on Meraki's "Clients Usage Page Overview" KB article (link).  It appears as though that selection was recently (last 1-3 months?) removed.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can see It on the client details.  If It's not enough request Meraki support to enable It.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't recall ever seeing it specify exactly 2.4 or 5Ghz but based on the channel width shown you would easily be able to determine whether its 2.4 or 5Ghz as 2.4 only operates on 20 or 40 Mhz and 5Ghz is 80 or 160Mhz

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels