client limit per SSID

ammahend
Getting noticed

client limit per SSID

Is there a way to limit total client per SSID and number of client per AP per SSID ?

5 REPLIES 5
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A combination of subnet size and DHCP release maybe? Couldn't thing of other measures currently

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The only easy way I can think of is using a DHCP pool sized to your requirements.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like a really bad idea to me to hard limit you AP to a static count. 

Let's say you limit 10 clients per AP , a new client comes , he won't be able to connect.

A client needs to roam , he gets disconnected or has poor connectivity because of a limit ?

Per SSID / vlan is bit more reasonable 

@RaphaelL,

In HDX Design it is normal to limit the maximum number of clients per AP, of course more APs will be needed. It is good practice to limit the maximum number of clients between 50 and 60 despite what the data sheet tells us (you can't always trust the data sheet).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

In a high density environnement I totaly agree with you !

In an office where you probably have a set number of clients then I would advise to review your AP count , density and coverage.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels