VERSION 29.4.1 no compatible with Catalyst (Legacy)

SOLVED
WladimirMendoza
Getting noticed

VERSION 29.4.1 no compatible with Catalyst (Legacy)

Hello Last night at 8pm my MR44 did an update to version 29.4.1 and for some reason it is no longer compatible with my Catalyst (Legacy)

WS-C3560G-48PS 15.0(2)SE11
WS-C3750G-24PS 12.2(46)SE

I've rolled back to the point where I'm taking my MR44s to 28.5.1, but it's still having issues where they connect and disconnect every 5 minutes.

It is a very small network and I really don't understand what is happening, has anyone else had this problem?

I have also changed the port speeds from 100 to 1000 but it doesn't seem to solve the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should see the AP model there, personally when I see IEEE PD for a Meraki AP it means something is wrong. Usually the cabling.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@WladimirMendoza we have plenty of MRs running 29.4.1 on Catalyst switches and do not have a problem.  Ours are connected mainly to 3850s and 2960Xs.  The only MR44 we have is however connected to a Meraki MS355X switch.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How many Access Points do you have connected to these switches?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Probably it's running on low power mode, right? Have you tried to perform a factory reset on APs?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hello everything is working fine and... again the AP is down...

WladimirMendoza_0-1667404533753.png

I was working in normal mode, however I compared it with another of my APs and that is in low power mode and the result is still the same every 5 minutes the AP goes down, I am going to perform a rest.

This output is is where the AP connects---> Gi0/30 auto on 15.4 Ieee PD 4 15.4

WladimirMendoza_1-1667404729490.png

I wanted to tell you that it does not turn off, it only disconnects from the network, but the interface is still up, I changed it from vlan and it is the same resolved, every so often the ap goes down, I am going to perform a rest

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should see the AP model there, personally when I see IEEE PD for a Meraki AP it means something is wrong. Usually the cabling.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels