Users not getting DHCP IP with repeater AP

ccie_ma
Getting noticed

Users not getting DHCP IP with repeater AP

Hi

My customer is facing a problem where in the same office they have got 7 APs as gateways and 3 APs as repeaters.

All of  them are bound to the same template so network settings are the same all across.

The problem is if the user tries to connect to the repeater AP he fails to get a DHCP IP (the client machine shows "no Internet" and the Dashboard shows "no DHCP response" for that particular client.

The users get IP fine when connected to any other AP and once they have the DHCP lease and they roam to any of the repeater APs, they continue to work fine.

Anyone faced the same issue on repeaters?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tested with Meraki DHCP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

By the way, what is the AP firmware version?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

The firmware version is 28.6.1

No it is a live site we are just upgrading from old MR18s to MR44s so couldnt do a lot of invasive testing.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, there is no configuration regarding mesh (that I remember at least). Have you tried opening a case with support?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels