Unable to get out over SSID 1

SOLVED
AJ-Acevedo
Here to help

Unable to get out over SSID 1

I ran into such a strange issues today. Wondering if anyone else experinced this.

On an MX65W I was unable to get out to the Internet using SSID 1.

I configured SSID 1 with WPA2 PSK and only allowed WPA 2.

Default VLAN and firewalls rules allowing any outbound traffic from any device. Rebooting the device didtn’t help.

I then used the exact same settings on SSID 2 and it worked just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using a current firmware version?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using a current firmware version?

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Curious, once it was working on SSID2, could you re-associate to SSID1 and it still fails to get out?  I'm assuming the client associated to SSID1, and you saw it connected?  It showed up on the Network Wide > Clients page and you saw it connected to the SSID?  And if you click into the clients page, there's no policy that might be impacting it?  Likewise, compare those things when connected to SSID2, and again when going back to SSID1.  Look through your Network Wide > Event log for any differences or clues when failing on SSID1 versus succeeding on SSID2.  Maybe bump the firmware if not on the latest stable.  Beyond that, I'd open a case with support to ihelp nvestigate.

AJ-Acevedo
Here to help

I tried three different clients. iPhone, Windows 10 and macOS. I was able to confirm that the clients connect and we’re receiving the correct IP address, just no Internet.

I haven’t tried SSID 1 again after I got it working on SSID 2. I’ll give it a shot and likely open a support case.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels