Truly impossible to unclaim a MR33?

Bhaider
New here

Truly impossible to unclaim a MR33?

Office acquired a Meraki device and the serial number has already been claimed. I've been reading that I might be totally out of luck on this one. Is this true? Will Cisco truly not help me unclaim the s/n?

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Bhaider ,

did you purchase this from a Cisco partner? If not then I’m afraid Meraki support won’t be able to help you.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Guess the only option here is talking to the guys / shop / whatever you‘ve bought the device from. I‘ve never heard that support was able to help out in these kinds of situations.

ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Cisco_Meraki_Devices_...

The best case here is to contact the previous administrator of the office, who had access to the Dashboard the device is claimed into. Due to data protection Support will be unable to help provide information regarding this. 

"Note: Meraki Support cannot help in contacting previous device owners. It is the purchaser's responsibility to have the necessary contact information."

This is true for both second-hand and equipment that you do not have Dashboard access for. If you are the original recipient of the device (for example you purchased it from your reseller and it arrived already claimed), then you'll need to contact anyone  that may have been in contact with the device and could have perhaps registered this on your behalf. I recommend reaching out to the provider, as MSPs for example will add the device to their managed portal for example.

Andrew3
Conversationalist

In that case try to return those meraki to your seller. Those are useless to you. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels