Switching firmware shown in dashboard on MR wireless only Organisation

pjc
A model citizen

Switching firmware shown in dashboard on MR wireless only Organisation

Just started seeing firmware for switches in addition to MR firmware listed in my organisation for the first time ever (organisation > firmware upgrades) - my organisation is MR wireless only, no Cisco or Meraki switching - any reason for this ? - Cheers

pjc_0-1686044125774.png

5 REPLIES 5
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I wonder if you have a Network of type 'combined', based upon another (previous? cloned?) setup, which was originally created including a switch.   If so, Dashboard retains this memory (both configs and firmware definitions) for switches - and would re-apply them to any switches added at a later date.   Keeping this memory up-to-date ensures any switches you might add in future get the latest firmware by default.

pjc
A model citizen

@GreenMan  Thanks for the idea, but no, definitely never had any switches in the organisation and all networks have only ever been setup wireless only.  The switch firmware has only appeared recently, so I suspect it's something to do with this 'independent firmware for cisco/ms switches' as per the banner 

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If it's a problem, raise a case with Support.

pjc
A model citizen

@GreenMan It's not a problem, it's easy to just ignore it, I was just curious as to whether it was just me seeing this for the first time (and if so why) or if others with wireless only were seeing it too and if so if Meraki knew about it and had a reason for the change....

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Pretty sure this is due to the recent bifurcation of the switch firmware into the MS & CS lines. It now shows up on orgs with 0 switches. Probably some validation process no longer catches it as the underlying code trains have changed.

I'd open a Support case so they can log it as a UI bug.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels