Survey mode not working on 5ghz

Normski71
Conversationalist

Survey mode not working on 5ghz

I surveyed a site recently and my MR45 ap is only showing 2.4ghz since MR 26.6.1 firmware upgrade... has anybody else had this issue ? the AP has been claimed on the portal and works fine at our office.

3 REPLIES 3
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

Is it only for this AP? Have you tested in other MR45s if you have any? If it consistent and was working prior to the firmware upgrade, then I would recommend calling the Meraki support as the behavior is not expected. You may be hitting a bug. 

Thanks,

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
Super_Gizmo
New here

Hi there !

Actually we're deploying a lot of MR42, with site survey before deployment.

All of our devices are on 25.13 firmware. But our 6 survey AP were in 25.12 firmware.

In 25.12 firmware, we've never had any problem.

When our survey APs were updated to 25.13 (or 26.6.1 as asked by the support), the survey mode fails randomly in 5 GHz.

I've asked the support to downgrade our survey network in 25.12, and everything is OK now.

Hope this helps.

By the way, sorry for my english, I'm from France 😉

Have fun.

Hi,

thanks for your feedback, I will ask support to do this to see if resolves the issue as i have tried to rollback but I can't do this on the portal.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels