Sponsored Guest with Login?

PhilN
Here to help

Sponsored Guest with Login?

Hello All looking to pick your brains on a solution. We are consolidating our wireless and would like to get to two. Corp and Guest. We are setting up Corp with NPR and testing is working. We have guest configured with Sponsored Guest access, this is working as well. We currently have the sponsored guest set for 24 hours which is sufficient for most of our guest interactions. The issue comes with long term visitors or contractors. We are looking for a way to authenticate those users who are her longer than a day so they don't need sponsorship. In the ideal world a "login" button would be available on the sponsored guest splash page to all them to use Meraki radius accounts. I have confirmed with support this is not an option and submitted a feature request. Just looking for any other suggestions from the community. 

Thank you in advanced.

4 REPLIES 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Create a group policy to bypass the splash page.This is an example.

gp.PNG

Enthusiast

kYutobi

This looks like it might work but how do I apply the policy to the guest network? The user management allows me to add the user to the group, but doesn't have an option to authorize users on the Sponsored guest SSID.

Thank you

Phil

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Click on the client in the Dashboard, and then apply the policy to them.

gp.PNG

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You could also make the period longer than a day.  This wont affect most users as they are not coming back.  Users staying for longer periods of time then wont need to keep getting re-sponsored.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels