Splash Page (Guest WiFi): which informations are used/stored?

LordMeraki
Conversationalist

Splash Page (Guest WiFi): which informations are used/stored?

It is possible to set the Splash page frequency (for example 1 week). How does the infrastructure recognize (for example one day later), if the user was already granted access, so he does not to confirm the splash page again?

MAC-Address, IP Address, Combination of MAC and IP address, Cookie?

2 REPLIES 2
KRobert
Head in the Cloud

In your network, go to Wireless -> Splash Page and your SSID you are working with and at the bottom of the page you should see "splash behavior." From there you can change the splash frequency. 

KRobert_0-1661434684145.png

I believe the system tracks by MAC Address. You can go to the client and see when it was authorized and when it will expire. 

KRobert_1-1661434843423.png

Note that with iPhones I have seen an issue with the private network address feature where it creates a custom MAC address for the device. These typically cycle once a day and I have seen some of our users need to reauthenticate over and over until they turn that feature off. 

Here is a link to the splash page options as well: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page

CMNO, CCNA R+S
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know.  I believe it is based on the MAC address.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels