Speed from MR to MX

Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Speed from MR to MX

Hi, I have a doubt.

I tried to performed a speed test from my laptop connected to my meraki ssid to the security appliance local page and I`m just having 30Mbps. If I connect my laptop wired to the same switch that my MR33 is connected I`ve got 75+ Mbps to my local page. I have whitelisted my device either wired and wireless to avoid traffic shaping from my policies.

Also in my security appliance I put the security appliance per client limit speed "unlimited".

I`d like to know why!

Regards.

Remember washing your hands and don`t touch your face.

Johnny Fernandez
Network & Security Engineer
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
5 REPLIES 5
JesperMortensen
Here to help

Hi, 

Is it the Meraki throughput test you run?

If yes, try read this acticle 

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Throughput_test_t...

"The throughput test live tool available on Cisco Meraki devices in Dashboard is just designed to test data throughput to Dashboard. It is not meant to accurately test the speed an Internet/WAN link is capable of."

No. I´m performing a local speed test just to test speed in my LAN, It is not to the Internet
Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Could be a combination of things. First the local status page speedtests are limited, so you actually want to perform an iPerf test to see real throughput.

Second, your on wireless, so you might just be hitting interference. Are you on 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Check your channel, try a DFS since they are 'usually' less noisy.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Johnfnadez
Building a reputation

Yes, Actually this SSID is broadcasting in a place where we don´t have Neighboors or something that affect my signal. Actually we don´t have cellular signal haha
Johnny Fernandez
CCNP | JNCIP-SEC | CMNA

What is the specific make/model of the wireless card on your laptop?
What channel and channel-width do you have configured on your MR33?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels