Set up of AP for first time-issue with guest ssid

Edd
Comes here often

Set up of AP for first time-issue with guest ssid

Good day.  We are setting up our Meraki installation for the first time.  We have run into an issue with our guest SSID.  Internal works just fine but external does not.  We have tried with any security and everything open but still no luck.  

I have run the radius ping and that is ok, as the internal is using the same and we have no issue.  

I have looked at the ISE log but nothing shows up.  I have checked our library and this does seem to be set up correctly.  What we pretty much did was keep the same condition and gave it a different name and added the OR statement to the auth policy.

Any ideas?  I do have a ticket started but was hoping some extra insight might speed things along.

edd...

2 Replies 2
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

If you have an external guest SSID can you set the IP assignment to Meraki DHCP? It separates everything from your internal network.

kYutobi_0-1608572299739.png

Enthusiast
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What specifically is happening?  Are you getting an error message?

>We have run into an issue with our guest SSID.  Internal works just fine but external does not

What do you mean by this?  WiFi has no concept of internal or external.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels