Pre-shared Key Authentication not working

Naresh_Bhardwaj
Getting noticed

Pre-shared Key Authentication not working

Hi All,

I'm using Pre-shared Key as an Authentication method for SSID's configured on Meraki dashboard for MEraki AP's

However when users are connecting to the Wireless they are not getting any popup to put Key and getting connected to the SSID without putting the Authentication Key. The IP address they are getting correctly from the same VLAN to which SSID have been map.

Can someone please help

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Naresh_Bhardwaj  Can you please post a screenshot of your SSID's settings.Have you set a WPA encryption mode as shown below?

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 7.56.53 AM.png

Hi BlakeRichardson

Please find the below 

Naresh_Bhardwaj_0-1616009503433.png

@Naresh_Bhardwaj  has this SSID ever existed on another device before you set this up with Meraki, could the devices be remembering an existing network? 

@BlakeRichardson 

hi 

We are using the new SSID's

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Naresh_Bhardwaj , what firmware are the APs on? We’ve seen similar behaviour in the past which was resolved by a firmware upgrade.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels