PSK vs external radius auth on wifi

hasnorMD
Here to help

PSK vs external radius auth on wifi

Hey folks,

I have two SSID's with diff authentication, ssid-a is via psk and the ssid-b is via external radius(mac address policy). Users connected to ssid-a has been experiencing cut-offs but the issue has been when we switched them to ssid-b, the connection has improved. Any ideas? TIA

4 Replies 4
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

hi,

aside from the authentication used, is there any difference between ssid a and ssid b configuration? In particular, the minimum bitrate configuration. 

also, from the event logs, what are wireless messages you find for the impacted clients? 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Common_Wireless_Event_Log_Messages

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

Thanks for the answer @DensyoV . As far as bit rate is concern, yes, the two ssid's had the same setting. The only diff they had was the auth settings. I even changed the ssid-a's min. bit rate to a higher one after I read a post to avoid a device from switching to adjacent APs but the issue still persist. 

As for the evetn logs, below is the snippet of one of the users:

hasnorMD_0-1615171190401.png

Hi,

for unknown reasons, oftentimes occurs when the device failed to notify the AP before disassociating.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wireless_Troubleshooting/Wireless_Issue_Resolution_Guide#unknown...

however, a monitor mode packet capture will be required to be able to see the traffic between the client and the AP. 

from the air marshal page, do you see any spoofs or deauthentication packet floods? 

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.

@DensyoV I don't see any spoofs under air marshal page. Anyway, I upgraded the s/w from 26.x.x to 27.x.x just now. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels