khurram
Here to help

How do we know that why MR30H went offline?

8 REPLIES 8
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes reviewing the event logs can shed light on the situation.  They are at Network Wide>Event Log and make sure to select 'for access points' in the drop down.

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

I have checked nothing is there.

@Adam wrote:

Sometimes reviewing the event logs can shed light on the situation.  They are at Network Wide>Event Log and make sure to select 'for access points' in the drop down.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

also check your PoE switch logging if your using one.

was your device offline or only the management connection?

khurram
Here to help

i am not using any POE switch.

Device went offline without no reason.

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Maybe a firmware update didn't go well? Someone unplugged or otherwise messed with it? Power outage? The next device up the line went down?

If you check in Organization --> Firmware upgrades is there any mention of that particular device?

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Try hovering your mouse over the connectivity status bar.  That is the only way I have been able to tell the reason.  It will show things like power loss, DNS or connectivity failure that don't show in event log for some reason.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
NSGuru
Getting noticed

On the Meraki portal it should state the last known IP of the access point. Can you please confirm and see if it shows one, if it does please try and see if you can ping the IP address of that device. What kind of layer2 infastructure are you using? Do you utilize VLANs ? 

Do you have a combined network? Do you have more than just Meraki APs (Meraki Firewall or Switches)

If so you will need to make sure that when you go under event logs you are selecting event logs for access points at the to left of the screen. 

Event Log for.PNG

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! 🙂

i have only one network i.e. wireless.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels