Noise Floor value on dashboard

AxL1971
Building a reputation

Noise Floor value on dashboard

Unless I am blind, on the dashboard I cant see the noise floor level readng for an AP

4 REPLIES 4
GregCostanzo
Conversationalist

If you select the individual AP and then go to the "Performance" tab at the top and scroll to the bottom, there is a graph that shows you channel utilization and interference.

There is also the noise shown in the Wireless->RF Spectrum->RF Overview section

There is some documentation that might be useful here: https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wi-Fi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Signal-to-Noise_Ratio_(SNR)_and_...

Hopefully this is some help?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What's your AP model? 

Cisco Meraki access points with a dedicated WIPS (Air Marshal) radio, such as the MR18, MR34, or newer (excluding MR20 and MR70) have the ability to do real-time spectrum analysis of their environment while still serving clients. 

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
AxL1971
Building a reputation

MR56 is the model of the AP

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Well, it has a dedicated WIPS, so just go to Wireless > Monitor > RF spectrum, and voila.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels