New Wi-Fi APs and antennas on the horizon

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New Wi-Fi APs and antennas on the horizon

As pointed out in the new firmware MR26.8 there is support for MR46E and MR76 and MR86 which means there are now outdoor Wi-Fi 6 AP's coming and there is a MR46 with external antennas.

Also I notice the support for smart antennas which probably means something identical to the Cisco Self-Identifying antennas?

I hope Meraki also pays attention to providing more antenna types for specific use-cases like warehouse isles where one angle is wide and the other narrow.

1 Reply 1
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @GIdenJoe apparently they let that one slip a little in advance via the release notes. 😀  MR46E will use the same smart antennas as MR53E.  Thanks for the feedback on additional indoor smart antenna types, like more of a yagi perhaps for warehouse applications, I'll inject that feedback to the team.  Best to also get this request up through your Cisco Meraki reps so they can follow the feature request process and add your account to the list and help prioritize such requests.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels