Mobile Phones getting limited connectivity

SOLVED
KeatonBatman
Conversationalist

Mobile Phones getting limited connectivity

We are using radius to connect our devices, and everything seems to work great except our phones. Would there be a reason why laptops and other devices are working fine, but mobile phones like android and iPhone are getting limited connectivity?

I am using our DNS servers, but even when I change them to google, we still have issues getting out. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KeatonBatman
Conversationalist

I believe I finally resolved the issue and need to enable 801.11w. Once I enabled it, my phone could reach out to the internet. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version of MR firmware are your APs on? The 802.11r Is enabled?

Can you share a print screen about your configuration?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What do you mean by limited connectivity? What is the symptom youry seeing?

It shouldn't really matter but one significant difference between phones and laptops is that phones will but default use a randomised MAC address (that doesn't match any vendors address space) rather than their true hardware MAC address.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Brash,

I think when he's saying " limited connectivity", Is when you can connect on SSID, but has no internet access, you know?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Yes, I can connect to the Wi-Fi, but I don't have internet access. All the APs are on the new firmware but were using the Meraki AP assigned (NAT Mode), so I don't have an option to use 802.11r

Great, 

Do you have any firewall rules configured? Does this issue occur on a specific access point or on all of them?

Is it a SSID with 802.1x or Open with splash page?

We have no firewall rules, and it's happening to all my Meraki APs. They're doing SSID with 802.1x no splash page. 

Well, there is no a special configuration for mobile clients and randomized MAC address should not be a problem for this case.

Can you share a print screen about your configuration? 

I'm new to Meraki. How do I provide a print screen for you?

Apologies.

Here:

alemabrahao_0-1664822009279.png

I just tested It with NAT mode, and I had no problem.

I just removed Radius, and I could get internet on my phone. Is it possible something on the radius side is blocking it?Screenshot 2022-10-03 150442.png

KeatonBatman
Conversationalist

I believe I finally resolved the issue and need to enable 801.11w. Once I enabled it, my phone could reach out to the internet. 

Wow, it's the first time I've heard it, most of the time I disable it, because it's usually a problem.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels