cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meraki Wi-Fi 6 Family is certified!

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

Meraki Wi-Fi 6 Family is certified!

All three of the newest Meraki Wi-Fi 6 APs are now Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™. You can find the products listed here.

• MR36: Cisco’s first 2×2 Wi-Fi 6 access point
  • MR46 is our newest 4×4 Wi-Fi 6 access point
  • MR56 is our best-in-class 8×8 Wi-Fi 6 access point

These access points feature the capabilities of Wi-Fi 6 that will help propel organizations to the future of connectivity with immense performance and capacity improvements. (UL/DL OFDMA, UL/DL MU-MIMO, TWT, BSS Color, WPA3)

From our Director of Product Management, Jayanthi Srinivisan:

"Our world is becoming increasingly hyper-connected, and what gets me really excited about Wi-Fi 6, beyond the huge improvements in capacity and performance is the support for 2.4 GHz band and the power consumption improvements. With the Wi-Fi Alliance and the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 certification program, we can ensure peak performance for all devices with next-generation WPA3 security, no matter the use case. Whether for a factory, a stadium, or an office building, Cisco Meraki customers can be confident that deploying a Wi-Fi 6 network will deliver a secure, simple and superlative experience.” 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: Meraki Wi-Fi 6 Family is certified!

You should get this published on the main blog.

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

Thought I would give the community the sneak peak 😉

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Which firmware are the APs certified with?

Highlighted
Conversationalist

That's great news, how about the other MR rugged outdoor APs? When will those be certified?

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

@PhilipDAth If you click on the certificate logo in the link, it shows the firmware version. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 12.37.22 PM.png

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Congratulations! Does this mean that features like OFDMA will become enabled in our APs soon? I did a packet capture on 26.7 and didn’t see DL or UL-OFDMA support being advertised under HE capabilities.
Highlighted
Getting noticed

This is good news

Highlighted
Here to help

this is great news! even during this crisis my company is looking at opening a new branch!

Highlighted
Meraki Employee

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Does this mean the 2 MR55s I purchased in January can be exchanged for the MR56?

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Where did you hear that? MR45/55 are still supported APs with a subset of WI-FI 6 features. Ever since WI-FI 5 there’s been so many optional features that almost every AP ends up supporting a subset and not literally every feature. Unfortunately the communications could’ve been clearer about what will and won’t be supported. 

Highlighted
Conversationalist

I didn't hear that. Just simply asking. Shame on me for purchasing the latest and greatest, to have it replaced by something newer in a relatively short time. And yes, I agree, Meraki shouldn't have pushed the MR55 as their Wi-Fi 6 AP when it truly isn't 100% Wi-Fi 6 base on my understanding. Furthermore the MR55 is been pushed to the bottom of the Wireless Page as "AX Compatible". I know this will be a supported device, but does Meraki plan to still produce MR55 when the MR56 is the same price? 

Highlighted
Getting noticed

Oh totally I sympathize with being surprised by the MR46/56 release, not dismissing that at all. 

I am just pointing out that WiFi 6 compatible, CERTIFIED, and “100% WiFi 6” are all different things and to date no AP supports all the WiFi 6 features, while the MR45/55 did support some key WiFi 6 features like DL-OFDMA, TWT, and MCS10/11. 

Highlighted
Getting noticed

good luck with that

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.