Meraki MR33's flooding network with LLDP

jamesw
Getting noticed

Meraki MR33's flooding network with LLDP

I have three MR33's in an office and between them I'm seeing over 61,000 LLDP broadcasts in 40 seconds, all the same stuff. It's causing over 5MB/s on the switch ports they are connected to and because it's broadcast traffic this is going through all my switches/router. What are they doing? How can I disable LLDP on the AP's so they stop spamming?

jamesw_0-1660515449977.png

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

LLDP is used for neighbour announcements and to negotiate PoE power. It can't be disabled on MR's.

I'm not aware of any bugs causing this type of issue. It sounds more likely that you have a loop somewhere in your network.

jamesw
Getting noticed

Thanks, but not seeing any other broadcast traffic being duplicated or similar. The Meraki's are on their own PoE switch, and if I disable the uplink port to our main switch the traffic instantly drops from 5MB/s to nothing (of course), but as soon as I enable the port again it goes mental.

Additionally, if I run the packet capture on the Meraki dashboard, selecting the AP's, this also shows the Meraki sending all of the LLDP broadcasts, so this is definitely coming from the AP itself.

jamesw
Getting noticed

Could it be going crazy if there is a PoE power issue from the connected switch, or is LLDP just broadcasting it's state?

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Update firmware and factory reset them and see if it persists

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels