Meraki MR33 Bridge Mode Not Working

thi4go_p
Just browsing

Meraki MR33 Bridge Mode Not Working

Hello,

I'm facing issues for activate my meraki MR33 as bridge mode. I've followed meraki site instructions but still don't working. Client don't get any IP address.

Meraki1.png

Below is the Switch configuration. I've utilized the same config from my Aironet APs (that works very well).

Meraki2.pngDon't know if need a special config or a missing something. 

Regards,

6 REPLIES 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

You have DHCP running on VLAN 10?  You may want to do a capture on the switch port to verify if you see the DHCP requests etc.  Also what are you trying to accomplish with those port-security settings?  Just trying to limit the number of people that can connect?

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I've DHCP running on VLAN 10 (and also on VLAN 20). I've other two APs (Aironet not Meraki) connected utilizing the same configuration, and DHCP works normally, but on Meraki not.

About the port-security. Yes, the intention is limit the maximum users at the same time. I've tried without the port-security, but no luck too.

Checking on Meraki, I can see that is really occuring an issue with the DHCP.

Meraki3.png

I'll try capture the packets, as you suggested. Also, try enable the DHCP server directly on switch to see what happen.

Thanks.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

One other option may be to set up a different port to connect to the AP as a test.  Keeping it as simple as possible.  Something like this although I don't know what your native VLAN is.

interface fa1/0/6
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk native vlan ?
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,10,20

Pdriver
Conversationalist

Hello
You could also try initiate a packet capture to monitor the DORA's between the AP and the host and from the switch.

Switch:
access-list 100 permit ip host 0.0.0.0 host 255.255.255.255
debug ip dhcp server packet
debug ip udp
debug ip packet detail 100

(NOTE: - This is my very first post on this community - coming over to the dark side from CSC)

res
Paul

Hi All,

The issue was solved. I've changed to a different VLAN (11,21 instead 10,20) and worked perfectly.

Regards,

Thiago

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Strange that makes me wonder if there isn't something upstream causing the VLAN 10,20 issues. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels