Meraki APs not connecting

HThiam
Here to help

Meraki APs not connecting

Hi All 

I m setting a new Network for one of our remote sites and looking to add some  Meraki access points for Wifi connectivity . These were initially used for a different site and getting re purposed for the new place . The APs are being managed through the Meraki Cloud platform .

The APs are currently connected to a Cisco switch ( 2960 X ) via a trunk link carrying the following Vlans.

2 : Corporate SSID
3 : AP Management Vlan ( Native )
5 : Guest Vlan SSID

The switch is turn trunked to a Firewall ( acting as a DHCP server ) that has also been configured to carry the above Vlans.

Internet reachability has been confirmed and the correct policies are in place to allow the APs to check into Meraki Cloud.

After connecting the APs into the switch , they don t seem to be able to obtain an IP address from the firewall although other devices ( ie my laptop) can , nor can the firewall see them on the ARP table .

The light on the APs is currently showing amber .

This is the config applied to one the the switch ports

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/2
description AP
switchport trunk native vlan 3
switchport trunk allowed vlan 2,5
switchport mode trunk
storm-control broadcast level 10.00
storm-control multicast level 10.00

Can you please advise on what could be the issue here ?

Please find below the topology of the network setup 

HThiam_0-1674424962309.png

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your configuration looks fine, have you tried performing a factory reset on AP?  Try changing the port to access port one of those VLANs.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
HThiam
Here to help

The management AP was not allowed into the "Allow" list over the trunk . Thanks All 

HThiam_2-1674840029850.png

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you had tagged the VLAN on the AP, now it makes sense, if it had not been tagged the AP would receive the IP of the native VLAN (not tagged), maybe you missed informing this detail.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels