Map not showing in Client Dashboard

ACooper-MP
New here

Map not showing in Client Dashboard

We have recently deployed 40 MR56 APs in our school, and I've noticed that the location map is missing when viewing a client in the dashboard. I have uploaded a floor plan for each floor, and the location analytics is enabled in the options, but it still doesn't show. I think I have possibly missed something, but can't seem to find much information online and most of it just seems to indicate if you have a site map uploaded it should show. 

Although its not critical to have it enabled, it has just become a bugbear it works on my home network with the MR33 and can't seem to find many differences in the settings of the networks. 

Thanks

5 Replies 5
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @ACooper-MP

Is your Network-Wide > Clients > *Client Name* map just defaulting to show the world map? Been having a peek at this after reading your post and have noticed the location data for my network has disappeared.

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 10.04.51.png

If so, would you mind opening a support ticket so we can take a closer look?

Cheers,

Connor

It actually just shows nothing but white space and not even a world map. I'll submit a ticket for this now. 

Thanks
Adam

Hey @ACooper-MP 

Resaving my floor plan and confirming all the devices were assigned to the floor plan appears to have resolved this one for me, you do sound like you're experiencing a different issue so Support will be best suited to help here.

Cheers,

Connor

Just tried that myself now, and it hasn't changed, unfortunately, originally the floor plans did have coordinates in their setup, but changed this to an address instead, which didn't make a difference either. Also just updated the address on all devices for good measure after noticing some slight differences between them and I like to keep things tidy, but that also didn't change anything. Really not sure what it could be at this stage.  

ACooper-MP
New here

Just had my case replied too already and I hadn't unticked the privacy by default setting under organization > setting > privacy setting.

Straight away, resolved and it's working now. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels