MR53 is going offline intermittently.

JaiminPatel
Here to help

MR53 is going offline intermittently.

I have one MR53 that is going offline intermittently. when i do shut/no shut on switch port it stays up for a bit and then goes offline. Could not find the root cause. Below are more details for you to help and understand the issue. 

===================================================

Troubleshoot performed :

1. used another port on same blade - no luck.

2. used different blade - no luck.

3. replaced the cable - no luck.

4. connected different working AP on same port - works fine.

5. connected faulty AP to working AP port - no luck.

===================================================

Pic-1 - shows up for long period of time. In the morning suddenly it went offline. 

Pic-2 - shows Event log of the AP.

Pic-3 - below is from Switch log. (interface Gi1/16 where the AP is connected. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 6 08:07:07: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Gi1/16: Power Device detected: Cisco/IEEE PD
Mar 6 08:07:07: %C6K_POWER-SP-1-PD_HW_FAULTY: The device connected to port 1/16 has a hardware problem. Power is turned off on the port.
Mar 6 08:07:08: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/16, changed state to down
Mar 6 08:07:08: %LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/16, changed state to down
Mar 6 08:07:08: %LINEPROTO-SP-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/16, changed state to down
Mar 6 08:07:08: %LINK-SP-3-UPDOWN: Interface GigabitEthernet1/16, changed state to down

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it is really a hardware problem then why it would stay online from Mar 5 15:55 to Mar 6 08:09?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pic-1Pic-1Pic-2Pic-2

6 REPLIES 6
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

It sounds like you covered all the basics in troubleshooting this. Do you have other MR53s and this is the only one misbehaving? You could try putting a known good one onto the connection your bad one is on, but since you're replaced all that run, and tried different ports I would expect it won't show much. For me, next step would be to RMA the bad AP.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried a factory reset on the device? If you've done that, and it's still exhibiting this behavior, I'm also Team RMA.

Sorry i missed that one. I did factory reset too with no luck.

Contact support for an RMA is probably your best bet at this point.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Vijay_Khanna
Conversationalist

Are you using or have you tried using a Power Injector?

We are using POE switch.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels