MR34 Firmware issues - PLEASE HELP

DP1221
Conversationalist

MR34 Firmware issues - PLEASE HELP

I work for a school district and we have over 1,000 MR34's and we are 1:1 with iPads K-8 and laptops 9-12.  We have run into several issues with Meraki's latest firmware running on our MR34's.  We have seen slow throughput on 25.13, splash pages unable to display in 26, and unable to get a DHCP address on our open guest network on version 26.  It has become such an issue we are running 23.11 on all MR34's, our MR42's run the latest code without issue.  We have been told it is due to the older chipset that the MR34's have, i'm just curious if anyone else out there is seeing similar issues with their MR34's???

6 REPLIES 6
Network-dad
A model citizen

How long ago did you update your firmware.. if it was less than 2 weeks ago you can roll it back by clicking the little undo button...

2019-10-22 11_51_04-Firmware Upgrade Manager - Meraki Dashboard.png

Also, you may be able to reach out to support and see if they can roll you back so you are operating better. Also when you are talking to support is this becomes a big issue you may ask if there is an option for a Proactive Replacement of the AP's... just an idea

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you see that 25.14 is out?

A couple of interesting bug fixes listed:

• Occasionally AP would not properly load radios upon boot (MR26/MR32/MR34/MR72)
  • Client isolation used in conjunction with upstream HSRP configuration resulted in client being unable to ARP for their default gateway (All MRs)
  • MR stopped responding to clients after receiving QoS-Null frame from client (All 802.11ac Wave 2 MRs)
  • DHCP Inform packets causing issues with Layer 2 LAN Isolation (All MRs)
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also 26.6 is out ( yesterday ) still a Beta version but I'm rocking 26.5 without any issues.

Might be worth trying 25.14 / 26.6

How long have you been on 26.5? We are slowly starting to roll it out to our environment .
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We've had 26.5 on MR34s since it came out and the only issue we had was Cisco 8821s wouldn't register to one of the APs but a reboot fixed it.  We've been on 26.6 for just over 36 hours and that seems okay too.

JohnnyMeraki
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @DP1221, contact support here: https://meraki.cisco.com/support (call in for fastest help) or you can go to your dashboard, click on Help > Cases > New Case. Support can help you troubleshoot, run tests and provide you with more insights.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels