MR33 some clients have high latency and connectivity issues

MarkJ
Just browsing

MR33 some clients have high latency and connectivity issues

Hi Community,

I have a MR33 connected to a Meraki MS220-8P Switch.

some of my Clients have connectivity issues (loose connction to apps and ping Shows for high roundtrip times between 30 and 1000.

Other devices have very stable conenction at the same time.

Problematic devices are in 2.4 and 5 Ghz.

The isses are mainly with my iPad1 or newer Huawei Mediapad T3

I already measured cable between AP and Switch  and could not find any physical issues.

The Signal strength seems to be lower for the problematic devices (~15db - 20db) while my Laptop has ~50db while thy have are next to each other. 

Can the configuration and seeting be optimized for Tablet and Smartphone devices?

Any help with more detailed analysis will be very appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you can, disable 2.4Ghz.

Does Wireless health report anything interesting?  Does RF Spectrum show their is plenty of bandwidth available?  Does the Wireless event log report anything interesting?

Hi PhilipDAth,

looks fine for me, only the high latecy is the issue, compared to the Win10 device with only 10ms.

All devices are in the same room  AP about 5-8  distance.

I'll try to disable 2.5GHz today.

here some screenshots:

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPG

disabled 2.4 GHz but it also did not solve the connectivity issues.

Does anyone else experience issues with Android devices and Maraki AP's or has some ideas about Setting which can be optimized for These devices?

Mark

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This might depend on what flavour of Android you are using and on what hardware.  I expect the WiFi in some hardware products wont be as good as some others (it is simple a matter of what price point a manufacturer is trying to hit as to how good of a WiFi chipset they will use).

I run Android on a Xiaomi and have zero problems.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels