MR33 Connectivity with ISP.

fabiowilson
New here

MR33 Connectivity with ISP.

Hey guys, I'm so happy that I found this community.

We have an MR33 AP that provides wifi to our customers and this AP is connected directly to the ISP (Virgin Media Ireland) modem (Hitron). 

We have been experiencing connectivity problems so I went to check the dashboard and in the Access Point page the connectivity bar shows this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 20.31.07.png

When I place the mouse over all that it tells me is this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 20.44.52.png

I'm trying to find a report that shows what exactly that means but I can't find it, as I don't have a huge IT knowledge has been really difficult to me to understand if this is an AP configuration problem or my ISP is not delivering a proper connection.

Could you guys give me some light on where to look?

Thank you so much.

4 REPLIES 4
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

Hello @fabiowilson, welcome to the community.

The "No connectivity" red outs normally imply that the device has lost "Cloud" connectivity. My recommendation here would to be first check layer 1 and work your way up. Try replacing the cable and plugging into a different port in the modem to rule out either of these being an issue.

If you're still seeing problems after this i'd recommend engaging your ISP.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

@fabiowilson

Hitron - that would be a router, rather than a modem.

If you are on a business connection, the performance you are experiencing is a lot better than many other people.

I suggest you follow the advice given in the forum link I refer to.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Thank you Robin, we are under a Virgin Media broadband business service. What's weird is that since Virgin took over UPC in Ireland they changed modems and routers (you're right the Hitron is probably a router). Here's a screenshot of our other premises using an MR18 connected to the old Cisco UPC routers (now controlled by Virgin) and there's not a single interruption in the connectivity for a month:

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 21.49.01.png

I'll check all the advice given in that link to see if I can get any better.

I'll definitely check layer one first thing in the morning tomorrow and see how the AP behaves. Thank you so much.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels