MR Firmware 27.5.11 - no upgrade possible

SOLVED
PawelG
Building a reputation

MR Firmware 27.5.11 - no upgrade possible

Hi,

MR Firmware 27.5.11 marked as stable has been published in dashboard, but the 27.5.1 is still listed also as stable.

There is no way to upgrade to 27.5.11 (MR45 network) - probably because other version is also marked as stable, or maybe this is FW only for new MR44 AP (not mentioned in release notes)

Do You have similar situation?

Br, Pawel.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ameya_Ahir
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Folks - there was a miscommunication and this firmware was made visible to all MR networks. This firmware is basically built to support MT devices with MRs and is an equivalent of 27.5.1 in Dashboard. This was intended only for networks that have MT devices claimed in the network.

We have fixed the issue and you should no longer be seeing this firmware (27.5.11) in Dashboard if you do not have MT device. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

Same for me on a MR52 network. 

It does say that 27.5.10 (which I also can not upgrade to) is the initial stable firmware for MR44. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PawelG indeed, you only appear to be able to *upgrade* to 27.5.11 from an out of date MR version as it is labelled as a previous bata, see below with a network running 27.5:

cmr_0-1604581207705.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Actually, even that doesn't work:

cmr_0-1604581830927.png

cmr_1-1604581865729.png

Bossnine
Building a reputation

I'm showing a 27.4.1 also............MT beta patch.

Odd

PawelG
Building a reputation

It's no longer available in dashboard...

Br, Paweł. 

Ameya_Ahir
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Folks - there was a miscommunication and this firmware was made visible to all MR networks. This firmware is basically built to support MT devices with MRs and is an equivalent of 27.5.1 in Dashboard. This was intended only for networks that have MT devices claimed in the network.

We have fixed the issue and you should no longer be seeing this firmware (27.5.11) in Dashboard if you do not have MT device. 

Hi. This issue is not fixed.  I have no MT devices on my network and now see three of these MT-only 27.5.x releases.  Please fix this!  Thanks.

@ChesterX Can we have a support case opened for this? This should not be the case since we fixed this issue. We would like to investigate this further to see why you are seeing this firmware version without an MT device in your network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels